In my opinion, nothing feels better than laying my head down on my pillow at the end of a long, complete day and quickly drifting off into the peaceful world of sleep and waking up spontaneously the next morning with more than enough energy to do everything I want to.
But biologically speaking, a good night's sleep is much more than merely something that feels good--it's a time specifically designed by your body to:
- Replenish the protein necessary for the growth and repair of your body's bone and muscle cells
- Give your immune system the boost it needs to fight off potentially serious illness and disease
- Release the brain chemicals vital for combating the damages caused by excess stress
- Restore and rebuild the vital energy stores you've drained during your waking hours
- Generally help your mind and body recuperate so you're ready for what the next day has to bring
Sleep is ABSOLUTELY Essential to Staying Healthy
You could follow every known health principle to the max, eat a healthy diet, have great vitamin D levels, exercise and be completely fit, be emotionally balanced, but if you are not sleeping well at night there is no way you can be healthy.
Eventually it will cause you to become sick.
The number of people missing out on the health-promoting properties of sleep continues to grow each year.
In fact, at least 25 percent of Americans say they frequently have problems getting a complete and restful night's sleep.
And if that isn't bad enough, at least 40 million Americans suffer each year from chronic, long-term sleep disorders such as insomnia -- a terrible disorder robbing you of even the opportunity to get to sleep in the first place, or staying asleep once you do manage to drift off.
By the look of the numbers I just showed you, I think I'd be safe in saying we're reaching epidemic proportions when it comes to sleep disturbances in this country.
I've spent a lot of time researching the many problems and solutions people -- just like you and others you care about -- have when it comes to getting the kind of restful night's sleep you need.
Because as you know, it's my mission to address your health needs and concerns through a "whole person" approach.
And like I mentioned earlier…
Getting the Right Quantity and Quality of Sleep is as Vital toYour Health as Air, Water, and Food
It's true. Just like your body's systems shut down without air to breathe, water to drink, or food to eat -- you will also shut down and could die if you're deprived of sleep for too long periods.
The recent studies I've researched coming out of the National Center on Sleep Disorders Research at the National Institutes of Health clearly state that if you're not getting enough regular, high quality sleep, you're at a much greater risk of dying early.
Chronic sleep deprivation puts stress and strain on your heart and other body systems.
But that's just one area of your health where lack of sleep takes its toll.
Chronic lack of sleep weakens your body's immune system - rendering you helpless.
What Can You Do to Sleep Safely and Naturally?
Over the years I've written and posted countless articles and reports on my website about the wide variety of natural remedies you can try to get the restful and rejuvenating sleep you need for optimal health.
Remember -- getting a good night's sleep is just as crucial for life as air, water, and food.
And if you're a subscriber to my newsletter, you're probably well aware of some of my recommendations for getting a good night's sleep.
They've been very helpful to so many people, that I think some of them bear repeating here:
- Sleep in pitch dark and have bright sun exposure in the daytime
- Avoid caffeine
- No TV right before bed
- Make certain you are exercising regularly
- Avoid before-bed snacks, particularly grains and sugars
- Read something calming and perhaps spiritual before bed
- Get to bed at the same time every night
- Keep the temperature in your bedroom no higher than 70 degrees F
- Avoid alcohol -- the drowsy feeling is very short-lived
- Don't drink any fluids within 2 hours of going to bed
- Go to the bathroom right before bed
- Try a melatonin supplement if all else fails
But what do you do if you've tried all the natural and healthy ways you know to get the restful sleep you need?
And still you spend countless nights tossing and turning or just staring up at the ceiling until the crack of dawn.
Well, you could turn to those dangerous over-the-counter or prescribed sleep medications. But I strongly disagree with choosing that option.
Those types of medications are a band-aid approach to your sleeping problems and, at best, are a very short term solution. Often, they aren't effective and will do you more harm than good. Additionally, they are loaded with dangerous chemicals that come with a whole slew of health-debilitating side-effects like:
- Brain fog and drowsiness the next day
- Dizziness and forgetfulness
- Feeling off balance and clumsy
- Constipation and urinary retention
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth and throat
- Making your sleep problems worse over time
Not to mention they're very often addictive and you need more and more to get the same effect.
And the withdrawal symptoms, once you do stop, can be very severe including nausea, sweating, shaking -- and sleeplessness!
But what can you do if you've tried all the healthy, natural alternatives I listed earlier and you still lie awake night after night?
I went deeper into the research on sleep disorders and discovered…
What to Try if Natural Approaches Fail
Let me give you a little refresher on the whole mechanics of sleep.
Ideally, there are a series of stages we all go through every night as we drift into a deep and restful sleep.
- Stage One is Beta Level -- This is your normal waking state when you're most alert.
- Stage Two is Alpha State -- This is when you start to relax: your breathing and heart rate slow down and you start to become drowsy.
- Stage Three is Theta State -- This is considered the "dream state". You're very relaxed but your unconscious mind is still active -- working out the events of your day.
- Stage Four is Delta Sleep -- This is a state of deep dreamless sleep, where you lose body awareness and you experience deep emotional and physical healing and rejuvenation.
It's in delta sleep where your brain uses important neuro-chemicals released specifically for reducing the damage from the intense stress you've encountered during your waking hours -- readying your mind and body for the next day.
And for those of you not getting the kind of quality sleep you require -- it's the absolute vital healing and rejuvenating qualities of deep, delta sleep you're missing out on.
That's where the new technology comes in.
Sleep Harmony has a unique vibrational technology mixed with the sounds of nature and specially composed musical scores to lull even the most "sleep-resistant minds" into a deep and rejuvenating sleep.
Based on years of research and development with people suffering from some of the most severe sleep problems including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder -- Sleep Harmony can guide you into delta sleep within minutes.
I'm so excited about this program because the innovative technology behind it allows your brainwave patterns to simply, effortlessly, and safely pass through the early stages of sleep -- right into a deep delta sleep -- all within a matter of minutes.
And here's something else to help carry you into that deep delta sleep...
Your natural sleep cycle – and melatonin production – begins with the onset of darkness. Wearing a sleep mask at night blocks light from your clock or outside streetlights, helping your body to get the uninterrupted, rejuvenating rest it needs.
Filled with a delicate blend of lavender flowers, my Sleep Mask with Lavender lulls you into restful slumber.
Lavender has been scientifically proven to soothe and induce calm, thus enhancing your sleep and allowing you to fall asleep faster.
Nervous system activity slows, allowing you to enjoy soothing, calming sleep. The aromatherapy powers of lavender boost mental capacity, enabling your brain to organize memory while you sleep. You awaken feeling refreshed and revitalized.
A perfect, natural companion to Sleep Harmony!
How Vibrational Sleep Technology Works
Without getting terribly technical, there are fundamental features of Sleep Harmony's program that I'm sure you'd like to know.
This unique vibrational technology:
- Utilizes a specially formulated musical score of harmonically layered vibrational sounds combined with multi-dimensional sounds of nature to slow your brainwave patterns.
- Quickly and effortlessly guides your brain from relaxing alpha states, into deep delta states -- often within minutes -- allowing you to drift naturally into a deep delta sleep.
- Uses simple and safe audio frequencies delivered through stereo headphones, creating a bi-lateralization effect between the left and right hemispheres of your brain -- known as 'whole brain functioning' -- which allows your brain to turn off your thinking mind.
- Includes nature sounds recorded through a unique, patented binaural recording system that imitates actual human hearing -- providing an authentic sound experience.
- Contains no subliminal suggestions of any kind and has absolutely no side effects -- you wake up alert and refreshed after a full nights sleep.
10 Health Enhancing Reasons I Recommend Sleep Harmony CD's
I've spent countless hours researching and comparing many other sleep CDs out there. And I can tell you, nothing else on the market today compares with the quality and advanced technology Sleep Harmony provides.
This unique program will help you:
- Relieve your stress
- Decrease your respiratory rate
- Sleep better and deeper
- Slow your heart rate
- Increase serotonin production, which influences your mood and behavior
- Decrease your muscle tension and headaches
- Enhance your immune system
- Improve your memory
- Increase your energy
And those are just some of the health-enhancing benefits you'll receive.
Listen, this program is unlike anything you've seen before -- it's been developed with the Veteran's Administration and used successfully with the military -- you just can't beat that kind of solid recommendation.
Isn't it time you get the kind of deep, restful sleep you deserve?
Bringing You a One of a Kind Total Sleep System
Using advanced vibrational technology, Dr. Mercola's Sleep Harmony CD is uniquely designed to:
- Guide you gently and effortlessly into deep delta sleep within minutes
- Help you fall asleep and stay asleep throughout the night
- Help calm and turn off your thinking mind so you can get to sleep
- Help you sync up to your own natural circadian rhythm for enhanced sleep
- Create a safe, secure, and calm virtual sound environment
What makes this Dr. Mercola's Sleep Harmony CD program unique to you is that it's really two programs in one.
The first part, or track on the CD is a 10-minute guided meditation for complete body relaxation.
It takes you through the process of relaxing all the muscles of your body -- one area at a time.
Plus, you'll be given tips for turning off your 'talkative' mind -- so you can relax anytime -- anywhere.
It's great to use right before bed to get your body ready for a sound sleep.
The second part, or track on the CD is a full 50-minute delta sleep program.
This is the heart of the Sleep Harmony program.
It's here where your brainwave patterns will be lulled into the deepest levels of delta sleep -- in only minutes.
Just climb into bed, make sure all the lights are out and you're ready to sleep.
Then press the play button on your CD player, and drift into the deepest, most restful, and complete sleep you can remember having.
It's just that simple…
With all the information you've gotten today, don't you think you owe it to your good health to try Dr. Mercola's Sleep Harmony CD?
And to make sure you receive all the benefits of this program -- and a good night's sleep -- I've priced it at only $14.97.
You can't go wrong with pricing like that.
All I ask is that you order your copy today and try it.
So, don't lose another night of sleep -- order this revolutionary sleep program today.
Sleep CD Has Been Discontinued
I apologize for discontinuing the Sleep CD.
However, if you would like to support normal sleep, try our Sleep Kit. It contains both Melatonin Sleep Support * and my Sleep Mask with Lavender.
Filled with a delicate blend of lavender flowers, my Sleep Mask with Lavender lulls you into restful slumber.
Lavender has been scientifically proven to soothe and induce calm, thus enhancing your sleep and allowing you to fall asleep faster. You'll awaken feeling refreshed and revitalized.
Melatonin Sleep Support* contains non-synthetic melatonin.
With its revolutionary delivery system, each pre-metered dose of Melatonin Sleep Support* taken before bed can help increase your feelings of sleepiness, enhance your overall sleep quality and reduce your daytime fatigue.*
Plus, because of the bottle's small size you can take your Melatonin Sleep Support* anywhere, any time -- and it's OK to take on an empty or a full stomach.
Discover more about Melatonin Sleep Support* or Sleep Mask with Lavender .