Drinking coffee is associated with a long list of health benefits, including sharper brain function, enhanced memory and even improved heart and liver health.
Tea offers a long list of health benefits as well, with its abundant antioxidants, especially heart-healthy flavonoids.
However, it’s what you put into your coffee – or tea – that can contradict your good health intentions.
Many people reach for a non-dairy creamer because they believe it’s healthier, and lower in calories and fat.
While the non-dairy creamer market is a growing one with many products to choose from, not all of its products are good choices.
Many have a high sugar content, unwanted additives and poor taste.
Let’s take a closer look at one of the top-selling creamer products...
What’s in Your Coffee Creamer? Here’s Your Cheat Sheet
Here are the ingredients in one top-selling non-dairy creamer:
- Palm oil – According to the World Health Organization (WHO), this fat may be just as bad for your health as trans fats and is detrimental to the planet.
- Sodium caseinate (or casein) – Extracted from milk protein, this additive is used as a thickener and whitening agent. Typically treated with a chemical alkali that act like “anti-nutrients,” some people are allergic to it, and it’s linked to gastrointestinal issues.
- Dipotassium phosphate – This salt is used as a stabilizer and anti-coagulant. It’s also used in fertilizers and cosmetics, and linked to vomiting and diarrhea when consumed in “quantities.”
- Natural and artificial flavors – Most people assume ‘natural’ flavors are a good thing, until you realize that two of the most commonly used natural flavors include monosodium glutamate (MSG), an excitotoxin that overexcites your cells to the point of damage or death, and castoreum, or the vanilla-smelling anal secretions from the North American beaver.
- Mono- and diglycerides – These additives are used as emulsifiers and may be synthetically produced or derived from animal or vegetable sources, including partially hydrogenated oils. They may contain hidden trans fats, but they don’t need to be listed on the label because disclosure regulations don’t apply to emulsifying ingredients..
- Sodium stearoyl lactylate – This additive is used to replace fat and sugar as it has a mildly sweet taste. It’s also used as a dough conditioner and in cosmetic products as a cleanser, foaming agent and emulsifier.
- Polysorbate 60 – This potentially toxic additive is used as a stabilizer and emulsifier.
- Carrageenan – This controversial, non-nutritive additive is extracted from red seaweed and is used as a thickening agent and emulsifier to make foods creamier.
One tablespoon of this coffee creamer supplies 35 calories, 6 grams of sugars (6 grams net carbs) and only 1.5 grams of fat, which might appeal to you if you were following a low-fat diet (which I hope you are not, as low-fat diets are associated with health risks).
Here are two other ingredients that are often found in non-dairy creamers:
- Corn syrup solids – Corn syrup solids is dehydrated corn syrup (most likely derived from GMO corn), which is 100% glucose. It’s used to sweeten coffee creamers, baby formula and drink mixes.
- Vegetable oils (soybean and canola) – Today the majority of soy and canola are genetically engineered and contaminated with highly toxic herbicides like Roundup and its active ingredient, glyphosate. Plus, both may contain health-harming trans fats even though they’re not listed on the label.
The Potential Gut-Harming Effects of Emulsifiers in Coffee Creamers
Did you notice how many of the above additives are emulsifiers?
In the popular brand example above, there were more than four emulsifiers in the list of ingredients:
- Mono-and diglycerides
- Sodium stearoyl lactylate
- Polysorbate 60
Emulsifiers are added to products to create a uniform, shelf-stable product. They help blend ingredients together that normally separate, like oil and water.
However, researchers are discovering that emulsifiers may have some unwelcomed effects on your gut, brain and behavior:
- Mono- and diglycerides may contain hidden trans fats and be used as cheap replacements to partially hydrogenated oils. They’re absorbed into your intestinal cells and may be toxic to cell membranes.
- Sodium stearoyl lactylate can irritate and harm your digestive system, especially those who are sensitive to the ingredient.
- Polysorbate 60 may release enzymes that can damage the structure of intestinal cells and increase the permeability of your intestinal membrane (that is, allow things to pass through that shouldn’t).
- Carrageenan is linked to inflammation and other health risks. Food-grade carrageenan has also been linked with increased intestinal ulceration and, potentially, cancer growths. There’s concern that stomach acid can turn carrageenan into potentially carcinogenic degraded carrageenan inside your body.
Food emulsifiers have been shown to cause low-grade inflammation, obesity and metabolic abnormalities, and disturb gut microbiota in mice. Certain emulsifiers, such as carrageenan, aren’t metabolized, so they can potentially affect your entire gastrointestinal tract.
Because your gut and brain communicate with each other via your gut-brain axis, altered microbes in your gut can lead to anxiety, mood and behavior changes. Chronic, low-grade inflammation is strongly linked with depression.
Discover the MITOMIX™ KETO Difference
The good news is you don’t have to risk your health to enjoy a dairy or non-dairy creamer in your morning coffee or tea.
Our MITOMIX™ KETO Creamer with Grass Fed Butter and MITOMIX™ KETO Creamer with Coconut Milk are two delicious dairy and non-dairy beverage creamers that contain only healthy ingredients, including:
- Caprylic acid (C8) - MCT Oil (Medium Chain Triglycerides)
- Grass Fed Butter (Pasteurized cream, salt) (only in MITOMIX™ KETO Creamer with Grass Fed Butter)
- Nonfat dry milk (only in MITOMIX™ KETO Creamer with Grass Fed Butter)
- Organic Coconut Milk Powder (only in MITOMIX™ KETO Creamer with Coconut Milk)
MITOMIX™ KETO Creamers are a perfect way to kick start your day and to provide long-lasting energy to fuel your body and brain. They’re the ideal accompaniments to a ketogenic, paleo and other low-carb diets as well as everyday use.
Our MITOMIX™ KETO Creamer with Grass Fed Butter offers the nutritional benefits of grass fed butter. Higher in omega-3 fats, conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and vitamin K2 than regular butter, grass fed butter provides healthy fat calories.
MITOMIX™ KETO Creamer with Coconut Milk – our non-dairy version – provides the nutritional benefits of organic coconut milk with its healthy saturated fat and medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs).
For your convenience, our MITOMIX™ KETO Creamers come in a shelf-stable, powder form, perfect for travel and on-the-go use.
What Else Sets Our MITOMIX™ KETO Creamers Apart From the Rest (Hint: It’s the Caprylic Acid MCT C8)
Medium-chain triglycerides, or MCTs, are recognized for their ability to help your body create ketones, which makes them an essential companion to ketogenic diets. When your body makes ketones, you are successfully burning fat as your primary fuel instead of glucose from carbohydrates.
By substituting small amounts of MCT oil in place of other less healthy fats, you can tap into their valuable benefits which include providing:
- Fuel for your body’s energy instead of being stored as fat.
- A thermogenic effect to positively affect your metabolism and help you manage your weight.
- Nourishment and support for a healthy gut.
- Support for your heart and brain health.
Compared to other MCTs, C8 Caprylic acid, converts to ketones within minutes and is odorless, flavorless and may be easier on your digestive tract. C8 also...
- Crosses your intestinal membrane directly to your liver to be used as clean-burning fuel for your entire body.
- Passes through your blood-brain barrier to supply your brain tissue with fast fuel and mental energy.
- Enhances flavor so you can easily add extra fat calories into your diet without changing the taste of foods, coffee or tea.
- Rapidly converts to energy so it helps squelch hunger pangs and boosts satiety and satisfaction when following a ketogenic diet.
The ketones created by C8 MCTs help suppress ghrelin, or your “hunger hormone,” and enhance another hormone that tells your brain you’re full. Those who have discovered caprylic acid especially appreciate the fast energy it provides, along with its ability to reduce cravings.
Love Keto Coffee but Don’t Have Time to Measure Ingredients? You’re Going to Love Our MITOMIX™ KETO CREAMERS
Do you long for that steaming cup of keto coffee each morning, but don’t always have time to measure ingredients?
Our fast and easy MITOMIX™ KETO Creamers allow you to make keto coffee in just seconds. Simply add one scoop of powder to 8 ounces of coffee (or tea) in a blender or blender bottle and blend or shake vigorously. Once it’s dissolved, you can add ice to make iced coffee or tea.
For hot beverages, make sure the liquid is not boiling and carefully remove the blender lid to avoid burns!
When blended, you get a delightful cup of keto coffee or tea with a layer of creamy, frothy foam on top. Because the MCT Oil and Grass Fed Butter or Coconut Milk are already added, it’s simple to make!
Our MITOMIX™ KETO Creamers also taste great when mixed with water and poured over fresh fruit and even breakfast dishes. Use them anywhere you normally use half-and-half or creamers.
Each 20-gram scoop of MITOMIX™ KETO Creamer with Grass Fed Butter provides:
- 0 grams of transfats (same for MITOMIX™ KETO Creamer with Coconut Milk)
- 16 grams of total fats (12 grams for MITOMIX™ KETO Creamer with Coconut Milk)
- 2 grams of total carbs (4 grams for MITOMIX™ KETO Creamer with Coconut Milk)
- 2 grams net carbs) (1 gram for MITOMIX™ KETO Creamer with Coconut Milk)
- 1 gram total sugars (0 grams for MITOMIX™ KETO Creamer with Coconut Milk)
- 0 grams added sugars (same for MITOMIX™ KETO Creamer with Coconut Milk)
For the ultimate ketogenic pick-me-up for any time of day, add a scoop of our MITOMIX™ Ketogenic Blend. This formula of four plant substances supports the healthy regeneration and maintenance of the mitochondria in your cells and helps protect against everyday assaults.*
Want Some Extra Help for Your Joints, Skin, Hair and Nails? Add a Scoop of Our Organic Collagen Powder from Grass Fed Beef Bone Broth
Collagen is the cellular glue that helps hold together all the connective tissue in your body, providing structure for your bones, muscles, tendons, joint cartilage, blood vessels and organs, including your entire digestive system.
It’s what keeps your skin looking youthful and your hair and nails strong and resilient.
When you’re young, your body makes enough collagen to keep your tissues pliable and youthful, but as you age, that changes.
Your body’s ability to produce its own collagen drops about 25% by age 40, and by 60 years old, your levels decrease to less than half of youthful levels. By the time you reach your 80s, you have about four times less collagen.
Because collagen provides the strength and firmness to support your skin’s structure, its loss makes your skin thinner and leads to wrinkles, creases and sags.
However, you can slow the rate of collagen loss and even rebuild your levels.
Our Organic Collagen Powder from Grass Fed Beef Bone Broth provides the ideal way to supplement and help rebuild your collagen levels because the collagen in beef bone broth is similar to the collagen in your body. And unlike other bone broths, ours are not made from factory-farmed animals.
Available in naturally flavored real vanilla and chocolate, our Organic Collagen Powder supplies 5 grams of Types l, ll and lll collagen per scoop – without any beef bone broth taste.
When you blend our Organic Collagen Powder into your coffee at the same time you add MITOMIX™ KETO Creamer, it’s a simple, easy and an extra-flavorful way to supercharge your cup of coffee with the healthy collagen your body needs.
Fuel Your Body and Brain with the KETO Creamers That Won’t Let You Down – Order MITOMIX™ KETO Creamers Today!
Thanks to the C8 Caprylic Acid and all the other health-promoting ingredients in our MITOMIX™ KETO Creamers, you get long-lasting energy and fuel for your entire body.
Enjoy delicious-tasting, wholesome ingredients for making a steaming or iced cup of keto coffee or tea, and for topping your favorite foods.
Available with grass fed butter or coconut milk for a dairy-free alternative, our MITOMIX™ KETO Creamer with Grass Fed Butter and MITOMIX™ KETO Creamer with Coconut Milk provide all the ingredients you need to prepare a body- and brain-fueling beverage to kick start or recharge your day. Simply add freshly brewed organic coffee or tea, blend and you’re ready to go!
Why not try both today? Your purchase is covered by our Money Back Guarantee, so you can’t lose. Please see complete details below.