Massage is one of the oldest and simplest forms of therapeutic care used to ease muscle pain and stress providing relief to practically everyone-from infants to seniors, and from the competitive athlete to the busy executive. Anyone who has ever experienced a good massage can tell you just how beneficial it can be to your overall well-being.
Now you can experience the next best thing to a real massage in your own home, at work, or just about anywhere. The GlidePoint Massage Tool 610 and The Tingler are two terrific economical devices designed to provide you with a muscle-relaxing, stress-reducing, stimulating massage experience.
Why Massage is Essential to Our Health and Well-Being
The skin is the body's largest sensory organ and thousands of specialized receptors in the dermis, the second layer of skin, react to external stimuli such as heat, cold and pressure by sending messages through the nervous system to the brain. Gentle massage affects the nervous system through nerve endings in the skin, stimulating the release of endorphins, the body's natural 'feel good' chemicals.
Endorphins help induce relaxation and a sense of well-being, to relieve pain and reduce levels of stress chemicals such as cortisol and noradrenaline -- helping to combat the effects of stress by slowing heart rate, respiration and metabolism and lowering raised blood pressure.
Stronger massage stimulates blood circulation to improve the supply of oxygen and nutrients to body tissues and helps the lymphatic system to flush away waste products. It eases tense and knotted muscles and stiff joints, improving mobility and flexibility.
Massage is said to increase activity of the vagus nerve, one of ten cranial nerves, that affects the secretion of food absorption hormones, heart rate and respiration. Studies suggest that it is an effective therapy for a variety of health conditions -- particularly stress related tension, which experts believe accounts for as much as 80%-90% of health concerns.
Long-term stress is a large contributor to the development of many health concerns. Massage is one way to ease the stress in your life. Massage is a nearly perfect therapy because it taps into the body's natural ability to rejuvenate itself. Among its many physiological effects, massage can.
- Stimulate the lymph system, the body's natural defense, against toxic invaders.
- Relax and soften injured and overused muscles, reducing occasional spasms and cramping.
- Temporarily provides relief of pain associated with arthritis by increasing joint flexibility.
- Reduce recovery time for strenuous workouts and eliminate subsequent pains of the athlete at any level.
- Release endorphins, the body's natural ability to reduce everyday minor aches and pains in the elderly.
- Temporarily relieves pain for migraine sufferers.
- May help contribute to shorter labor and help relax muscles to help reduce tearing for expectant mothers.
A recent multi-centre study in the American Medical Association's Annals of Internal Medicine showed that therapeutic massage was an effective treatment for low back pain, out-performing acupuncture. Massage is also commonly used to help achieve restful sleep, as well as digestive issues like occasional constipation.
However, it's important to understand that massage is not recommended in people with certain forms of cancer, phlebitis, some cardiac problems, skin conditions, or infectious diseases. As with any therapy, you should consult with your practitioner regarding specific health conditions to determine if massage is an appropriate therapeutic option.
The Healing Mind and Body Connection of Massage
The benefits of massage extend beyond the physical. Massage is unique in that it provides tangible stimulation through touch. Touch is our first sensual experience and remains, along with smell, the most immediate and evocative link between mind and body.
Many people have reported cathartic experiences during a massage. Just as a massage unwinds tired and stressed muscles, it also may very well unwind repressed emotions that are not processed during a hectic day. In addition to reducing stress, massage has shown success in:
- Fostering peace of mind and feeling of well-being
- Promoting a relaxed state of mental alertness
- Improving ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately
- Enhancing creativity
- Increased awareness of the mind-body connection
- Improving employee performance and creating higher job satisfaction and morale
For two excellent ways to eliminate stress and muscle tension, I urge you to try the Glide Point Massage Tool and The Tingler.
Massage Away Stressed Muscles Easily with the GlidePoint 610
Now you can use the unique massage tool that clinicians use. Designed for both professionals and the home user, the distinctive GlidePoint Massage Tool utilizes a smooth gliding ball that rolls easily across the skin without the use of messy oils or gels.
The roller ball can deliver either a soothing soft tissue massage, or can be used to produce a more intense dynamic pressure for a deep penetrating tissue massage. The many uses of the Glide Point Massage Tool include:
- Temporarily helps to alleviate aches and pains associated with fibromyalgia, and other soft tissue conditions.
- Great for stress relief and relaxation.
- Ergonomic grip handle reduces hand fatigue.
- Two massage tools in one unit -- offers both a deep penetrating and a soft, soothing rolling massage.
- Portable -- take it to the gym, work or anywhere.
- Air-glide roller ball glides over bare skin or clothes.
- Especially useful on tension stressed areas, such as neck, back, shoulders, legs and feet.
- Acupressure end point for precise compression of sore trigger points.
The GlidePoint Massage Tool's unique rolling ball action also increases blood flow, helps flush the body's lymphatic system, and helps to relieve stress and muscle tension.
Unlike electric massagers that vibrate and numb the skin, the smooth feeling GlidePoint Massage Ball can be applied to the soft tissue for longer periods of time without creating itching or numbness to the skin.
Conquer Tension in an Instant with The Tingler!
The Tingler is the ultimate head massager. The Tingler is a spider-shaped device made from pure copper. Made of ten flexible copper tines that gently stimulate the nerve endings in your scalp.
The Tingler causes a heightened, blissful activation of the senses, awakening your brain while relieving stress and tension. The copper softly massages your scalp, giving you the 'tingles' from your head to your toes.
The Tingler provides an instantaneous blast of fun, love, laughter and joy. It creates endorphins and cortisone in the body -- so you feel happy, relaxed and stimulated all at the same time. The tingly feeling lasts, effecting you physically, mentally and emotionally.
A healthier choice that gives you an organic buzz, The Tingler is easy to take with you. Wherever you go, you can share it with anyone you know and spread the love. Plus, there are no batteries required. The brilliance of The Tingler is its simplicity!
While ideal for massage, other uses for The Tingler include:
- Hair salons and spas
- Tremendous fun at parties
- Helpful in temporarily relieving the aches and pains of those with disabilities
- Used by many headache sufferers for temporary pain relief
- A great employee or business partner gift
- For utter relaxation, tension and mild pain relief
- The ideal gift for the person who "has everything"
- Perfect for laboring mothers
The Tingler was designed for the head, but you can bend it into a rake shape or semi-circle and tickle or scratch the rest of your body -- and it's great with oil. Even your pets will love a tickle from The Tingler!
If it looks familiar, it's because you probably have already seen it somewhere before -- most likely on one of your favorite TV shows, magazines or newspapers. It's been featured on Ellen, CNN, MTV, Will and Grace, and Miss Congeniality 2. It has also appeared in Glamour, InStyle, Elle, Redbook, and Ladies Home Journal, to name just a few.
There are a few cheap imitations out there -- so don't be fooled. The Tingler is 100% copper and comes in a beautiful red velvet bag. It's the original product in the U.S.
Directions for Proper Use of The Tingler
- Bend the wires into a gentle curve that fits your head. Think of making the shape of a pumpkin.
- The first time you use The Tingler, don't try it on yourself. Have someone do you. Return the favor. Lower it on the head, careful of the eyes!! Think of it as a big hand with long nails. Twist, turn, raise and lower slowly -- back of the neck and top of the head are amazing! Adjust the wires any way that feels best: tight, or loose. Practice, play, experiment, have fun! Try flattening the wires like a big hand or rake, and use it on the whole body.
Precaution: Be mindful when using. Do not stick The Tingler in your eyes. Do not scratch your head roughly -- this is a massage item. Children should use only with adult supervision.
Get Over 14% off When You Buy Both Massagers
Don't miss this opportunity to save big on these two phenomenal massage tools. By ordering both The Tingler and the GlidePoint Massage Tool 610 you'll save 14% on the combined price for both products. For the combined special savings price of only $21.95, you can satisfy just about all of your massage needs from head to toe! Order the Massage Combo today!
We're sorry, this product has been discontinued.
Please click here to continue shopping our premium product catalog.