Your skin is an excretive organ that mirrors the condition of your intestines. When you take a brine bath, the salt minerals help your skin in the form of ions. Bio-energetic weak points will be balanced and your body's energy flow will be activated.
To get the full benefits of a natural crystal salt bath, the right salt concentration is critical. The salt concentration has to be at least the same as the one of your body fluids (approximately 1%) to activate the osmotic exchange ratio. The formula for a 1% solution is 1.28 ounces of salt per gallon of water.
- Since a full tub normally takes from 100 to 120 liters (27-32 gallons) of water, at least 1.2 kg. (2.6 pounds) of natural salt is required.
- To avoid using body energy to balance the temperature, the water should be approximately 37° Celsius (97° Fahrenheit). Your bath will remain at a constant temperature because the biophysical composition of the salt is so strong - it causes the molecules to move in a constant rhythm.
- Do not use any bath additives, soaps, or oils.
- Your bath should last 20 to 30 minutes. During this time, the temperature and the makeup of the brine bath is comparable to the amniotic fluid in which the embryo floats in the prenatal state.
- Do not shower off, simply dry off with a towel.
- After your brine bath, you should rest for at least 30 minutes.
WARNING: While brine baths have a positive effect, they are also demanding on your circulatory system. If you suffer from weak or poor heart circulation, always consult your doctor first.
How to Use the Bath Salt for Other Uses
When water and salt combine, the positive ions of the salt surround the negative ions of the water molecules and the negative ions of the salt surround the positive ions of the water molecules. The ions become hydrolyzed and the geometrical structure of the salt and the water is changed to form a completely new structure.
In this process called hydration, the biophotons (photons emitted spontaneously by all living systems) stored in the crystal salt are set free in the brine, which occurs without any additional energy. This is pure hydration. You can make your own brine right in your own home.
You can start to use crystal salt for these purposes by putting enough in water in until the solution becomes saturated. This solution is called brine and is also referred to as "sole" (so-lay). The crystal salt is available in two forms for your convenience. The larger blocks can be dissolved in water for baths.
To use the Himalayan Bath Salt you can follow these steps:
- Loosely fill a closable glass container (Mason jar) with several crystal salt stones. Add natural spring water or purified water, completely filling the container
- After approximately 24 hours, look to see if the salt crystals have completely dissolved. If so, add a few more crystals. When the water can no longer dissolve any more salt, the salt crystals will sit at the bottom of the jar without dissolving. At this point the solution will have become saturated at 26%, and is ready for use.
- The glass can be refilled again and again with water and salt, continuing this process. This brine solution may be stored for years in a closed glass container without changing or decomposing.
There are many ways to directly experience the natural benefits of brine including bathing in the brine solution.
While you will certainly find many other beneficial uses for sole (brine) made from Himalayan Crystal Salt, here are some common uses:
- Try a brine face wash, or the Himalayan Crystal Salt mixed with fragrance free, natural soap as a face or body scrub.
- Soothe your feet with a brine foot soak.
- Nasal Wash: Try a nasal wash with a few grains of crystal salt in ¼ cup of warm water.
- Rub brine directly on your skin and let dry.
- Throat: Gargle with warm brine solution, but don't swallow.