Few foods evoke as much passion and desire as chocolate.
If you’re a chocolate lover, the idea of giving it up altogether, even if it means eating healthier, is not something you’d even want to consider.
Since I realize more and more people simply refuse to give up their chocolate, I put my team to task to help you select and eat chocolate without feeling guilty.
Because of all the sugar content in chocolate, I’ve never been a chocolate lover. But I know that many people are. If you follow specific guidelines, some surprising benefits are in store for you.
That’s why I set out to create an indulgent dark chocolate bar you can reward yourself with!
What makes my Dark Chocolate different from other chocolate?
Well, it’s incredibly low in sugar, containing only 2 grams!
My premium dark chocolate bars only have the ingredients you want, starting with true, unadulterated, pure chocolate. Trust me, your taste buds can tell the difference in quality!
The closer chocolate is to its original raw cacao state, the better it will be for you. Ideally, it should even be void of milk and milk-based ingredients. My Dark Chocolate Bars are vegan.
So, what else makes these chocolate bars so special? Well, it’s all on the label…
Avoid the “Devil Lurking in Your Chocolate”
You should always try to avoid certain ingredients when choosing your chocolate, including:
- Trans fat – A type of fat that forms when vegetable oils are hardened into margarine or shortening
- High-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) – Contains no enzymes, vitamins, or minerals
- Artificial sweeteners – Don’t allow anything artificial in your chocolate
- Soy proteins – Unfermented soy can cause digestive distress
- Monosodium glutamate (MSG) – An excitotoxin, which means it over-excites your cells
The bottom line – you need to carefully read the label on the chocolate package. That means thoroughly scrutinizing nutrition facts and ingredients.
To enjoy the best chocolate possible, always look for selections with wholesome ingredients – artificial ingredients are just too risky.
Fair Trade Certification – Virtuous Path for Producing Dark Chocolate
The process used to produce dark chocolate should be a key element in your selection criteria.
I strongly recommend a chocolate producer that’s Fair Trade Certified.
Fair Trade is a system of exchange that honors the chocolate producers, communities, consumers, and environment… a manufacturer’s commitment to social and environmental responsibility and sustainability.
Fair Trade certification helps ensure that the manufacturer…
- Partners closely with cacao farmers and growers
- Respects employees and suppliers
- Employs sustainable packaging and printing methods
The bottom line for you – a chocolate manufacturer who is Fair Trade Certified delivers a more consistent product at a fair price with a commitment to social responsibility. That’s why I made sure my Vegan Dark Chocolate Bars use only Fair Trade Certified chocolate.
The Report Card on My Decadent Dark Chocolate Bars
Now that I’ve introduced you to my own brand of dark chocolate with organic cocoa, my Vegan Dark Chocolate Bars, let’s review how these bars stack up against my guidelines.
I wouldn’t be recommending this bar if it didn’t pass my checklist!
||Dr. Mercola’s Vegan Dark Chocolate
|Low sugar content?
|| Yes – This chocolate has some of the lowest sugar content (2 g per bar)
|| Not all dark chocolates have low sugar content. In fact, some have 2-3 times as much sugar
|Does manufacturer achieve the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility?
|| Yes – Vegan Dark Chocolate Bars are Fair Trade Certified
|| To find a manufacturer of dark chocolate Fair Trade Certified is rare.
|Does manufacturer avoid adding ingredients like: trans fat, corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, soy proteins, MSG, preservatives and stabilizers, milk, and milk by-products?
|| Yes – We go to great lengths to eliminate these ingredients from the chocolate process. Only wholesome ingredients are used.
|| Not all chocolate and dark chocolate bars use vegan ingredients and avoid unhealthy additives. Read all labels carefully.
So, you can see by now that my Vegan Dark Chocolate Bars are one of your best choices for dark chocolate.
Two Decadent Dark Chocolate Flavors to Choose from
To provide you some variety of dark chocolate flavors, I decided to offer you two distinct flavors.
You can choose from:
- Vegan Dark Chocolate Bar with Cacao Nibs (85% cocoa) – This bar is a tantalizingly decadent and rich dark chocolate bar with a delightful crunch! It will more than satisfy your sweet tooth, while having only 2 grams of sugar, and no unhealthy added ingredients or artificial flavors. So intensely rewarding, you’ll fall in love!
- Mercola Vegan Dark Chocolate Bar with Almonds (75% cocoa) – This bar features roasted almonds, and premium dark chocolate. Also with only 2 grams of sugar and no unhealthy additives, you’ll find yourself wanting more!
Both of these bars are Fair Trade Certified, and a pure delight for your taste buds!
So go ahead, treat yourself today to some of the best-tasting chocolate I’ve found to date.