"Why a Ketogenic Diet May Be Your Gateway to Health"
When you eat too many sugars and carbohydrates without fiber, and too much protein, you can ignite processes in your body that speed up your cellular aging.
And this includes potential harm to your mitochondria – those hundreds to thousands of tiny fuel factories in each of your cells. Your mitochondria supply over 90 percent of your body’s energy needs by converting the food you eat and the air you breathe into usable energy.
This energy fuels every biological process, from the firing of your brain cells to the beating of your heart!
To optimize your cellular and organ health, and to support your ability to live a long, healthy life, you want to do everything possible to help boost your mitochondrial health. A nutrition-based eating regimen, or ketogenic diet plan, is one of your most important options.
What is a ketogenic diet? It’s an eating plan that’s low in sugar and net carbs (carbs without fiber), moderate in protein and high in healthy fats. A ketogenic diet helps you reach nutritional ketosis where your body burns fat for its primary fuel instead of cell-damaging carbs.
Your body was designed to run more efficiently on fats than on carbs. By limiting carbohydrates and protein while increasing healthy fats, your metabolism runs more efficiently and your body’s ability to burn fat improves. At the same time, a ketogenic diet plan also helps optimize your mitochondrial function.
When your mitochondria produce optimal levels of ATP or energy, your cells thrive and so do your organs, especially high-energy organs like your brain, heart and muscles.
And when your body has plentiful fuel for all its functions, you often feel that energy and stamina in your everyday life. And you’re able to focus and think more clearly!
The Perfect Companions to a Ketogenic Diet – and the Ideal Support for Ongoing Mitochondrial Health
Reaching nutritional ketosis with a ketogenic diet is a process, and a worthwhile one if you truly wish to reach optimal health.
Having the right tools to help you get there as quickly as possible can make all the difference between success and disappointment.
To help you increase the healthy fats in your diet and encourage your body to burn fat for fuel, we offer specially designed mitochondrial health and ketogenic diet supplements.
Our mitochondrial health and ketogenic diet products include:
- Ketone Energy MCT oil plays an essential role in your diet by helping you switch over to fat-burning and ketosis more quickly.*
- Mitomix™ Bars are a delicious and satisfying low net carb, high-fiber snack designed to support mitochondrial health and provide cellular energy by using healthy fats as as a source of energy instead of carbs and excess protein.
- Ubiquinol is a coenzyme involved in the energy transfer cycle across your mitochondrial membranes.* Typically, the higher your levels of ubiquinol or its oxidized form CoQ10, the healthier your mitochondria and cells!*
- Magnesium L- Threonate is an important component of success with MMT (Mitochondrial Metabolic Therapy) as it participates in the process of energy creation by activating ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate). Consequently, magnesium is vital for the optimization of your mitochondria.*
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar is a powerful thermogenic for supporting metabolic health and nutritional ketosis. If you are able to burn fat for fuel, as in ketosis, adding apple cider vinegar will help increase your mitochondria that produce cellular energy by stimulating an important signal, PGC1-alpha.
Ketone Energy and Mitomix Bars are the perfect companions to a ketogenic diet and, along with Ubiquinol, support your on-going mitochondrial health with their unique formulations!*